Monday, May 02, 2011

Home surf

 Car dashboard dust collector. Squeeze him and he talks. "Size matters not."

Every time I'm back in Ireland I try to get at least one surf session. Anticipation driving up to the coast. You know you're close when you pass this section of pine trees arching over the road. Familiar.
 
Burns No.1! Northern Ireland political nonsence. No end of this on the way to the coast.

Heavy clouds over Portrush.

At the turnoff to Whiterocks. The typeface doesn't really suit the message, but made me smile none the less.

Small fun April wave on East Stand. Evening session with Rus and Rick. I'm surfing a yellow epoxy mal that I bought secondhand from Andrew the photographer in Dubai and gave to my sister in Ireland. Very different riding it in a full 5/3mm wetsuit compared to boardshorts and sunscreen in Dubai.

Portrush city lights from West Stand. Taken whilst eating fish and chips in the carpark post-surf. Nostalgia.

No comments: