Monday, May 02, 2011

Beach Road cruiser

My beach cruiser. Bought in 2005 from a bike shop on Sheikh Zayed Road at the base of a skyscraper across from Emirates Towers. The shop is no longer there. It cost me 350aed and the store keeper's sales technique was to tell me that it was hand-built in Saudi. This weekend it occurred to me that I'd never photographed it.

Perfect early morning transport to swim training and night sorties to the mosque shop. The gearing is a little low and the frame flexes like hell with cargo (beach gear in the front or Maisie on the back in the child seat)

White wall tyres look cool. Notice that the model is a Wheels 'Beach Cruiser'. Also have a green female version.

Shades, Birks, beach shorts, 10aed and a bottle of Masafi. Friday morning cruise.

No comments: